Hi guys! So for the past six months I have been eating terrible and so has my best friend Carley. We finally had enough and decided to make a switch to eating healthy, so I wrote up some clean eating guidelines that she and I try to follow and I wanted to share with you all what they are. This post is very much a brief overview, so if you would like me to go into more detail let me know!
- No added sugars…sauces, sugary drinks, desserts, etc.
- Eat whole, clean foods…sweet potatoes, chicken, fish, vegetables, brown rice, fruit, etc.
- Limit dairy (a sprinkle of goat cheese on a salad once or twice a week is fine)
- No white flour products…cake, bread, donuts, pasta, and so on
- Drink 6-8 eight ounce glasses of water a day
- Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner plus one snack
- Exercise 3-4 times a week
That’s it! We are just trying to stick by these rules for the next 21 days because it is said that’s how long it takes to form a habit. After the 21 days, we plan to continue eating healthy anyway because it makes you feel a lot better. I can make a post about meal ideas if you guys would like to see that as well. Thanks for reading!